BASF takes data protection seriously. Learn more how we treat your personal data and privacy on this website.
- the data that BASF collects when you visit this website
- the purposes for which BASF uses such data
- how long your data will be stored by BASF
- how and when BASF shares your data with third parties
- how BASF protects your personal data, and what we will do int the event your personal data is compromised
- how to make a request or complaint about the storage or use of your personal data by BASF
By using the website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What personal data does BASF collect when you visit this website?
When you visit our website without contacting us or signing in, your browser transmits the following information automatically to our server:
- IP address of your computer
- information about your browser
- website that you were on right before you landed on our website
- URL or file requested
- date and time of your visit
- volume of data transmitted
- status information, e.g. error messages
If you contact us by email or by contact form on our website, we additionally may collect:
- your name
- your email address
- your phone number
- any other information you provide to us via email or contact form
How does BASF use my personal data?
When you visit our website, we use your IP address and the other data that your browser transmits automatically to our server in order to:
- send the requested content to your browser.
- monitor which pages and files on this website are most requested, where visitors to this website come from, and the most common devices, browsers, and locations of visitors this website.
- monitor the effectiveness of any digital advertising campaigns that direct visitors to this website as well as target digital advertisements to visitors of this website.
- protect us from attacks and to safeguard the proper operation of our website.
If you contact us by email or by contact form on our website, we use your data provide to answer, and if possible, meet your request. If you provide us your consent via email or using a form on our website, we will also store and use your data for future marketing purposes. You can revoke this consent and opt-out of receiving marketing messages about our agricultural solutions in Malaysia at any time.
How long will BASF store your personal data?
BASF will store the data collected from you on this website for a maximum of 36 months. You can request that we delete your data earlier (see how to make a request below).
How and when BASF shares your personal data with third parties?
BASF may share your personal data with third parties, including third-party service providers and other entities in the BASF Group both in Malaysia and abroad, in order to:
- improve the performance of this website
- analyze the nature and characteristics of visitors to this website
- provide marketing related communications to you (if you have provided us with consent)
We may also share your personal data without your consent for the purpose of complying with the law or a legal obligation.
Note that tracking technologies such as cookies and tracking pixels from certain third-party service providers acting on BASF’s behalf are embedded in this website to log information about visitors to this website. BASF and our service providers use this information to help us improve the utility of this website and to advertise more efficiently and effectively.
Specifically, this website uses the following third-party service providers:
How does BASF protect your personal data?
BASF has implemented technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful alteration, destruction, loss or unauthorized disclosure. Such measures will be continuously enhanced in line with technological developments.
We require appointed third parties to respect the security of your personal information treat it in accordance with the law. If we do, you can expect the same degree of protection in respect of your personal information that is adhered to by us.
Should personal data be compromised due to a breach of our systems, BASF will notify the affected persons via email or SMS (should contact information be available) within 30 days.
How can you make a request or lodge a complaint about the storage or use of your personal data by BASF?
You can request that BASF:
- provide you with personal data we have stored
- correct any inaccuracies or incomplete information
- withdraw your consent for the use of your data for marketing purposes
- remove or delete your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it
To make a request or lodge a complaint, please use our contact form.
Regarding the privacy of children
This Website is intended to be used by persons aged 18 and older. We do not seek to collect information about persons under the age of 18. No information should be submitted to or posted on the Websites by persons younger than 18 years of age. If such a person submits personal information via the Websites, we shall delete that information as soon as we are made aware of their age and thereafter shall not use it for any purpose whatsoever.
Last updated: September 29, 2020